For all non-emergencies

If your call is not an emergency, please dial 101.

Askthe Police -RGB[1](1)If you are not reporting a crime but instead making a general enquiry, please check first if your question can be answered online by Ask The Police.

Please watch the following video for a description of the 101 service and its use.

Examples of when you might call 101:

  • "My property has been stolen from my driveway"
  • "My car was vandalised last night"
  • "My house was burgled whilst I was on holiday

*Calls to 101 cost 15 pence per call from landlines and mobiles - no matter how long you're on the phone.

If you're calling from outside Merseyside you can call us on 0151 709 6010.

Reporting a non-emergency if you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment

You can now contact the police through Typetalk for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.

What happens when you call us?

The way we get your call and deal with it depends on which number you use.

  • If you use our non-emergency number 101 your call comes straight through to our operator, who will ask where you are phoning from and what the call is about. You will then be put through to a call handler who will take some more details and if necessary arrange for a police officer to visit you.

The speed of our response to your call depends on how urgent it is.

Emergency Response

We need to get to you immediately.

Non-emergency - Priority response

Whilst we don’t need to get to you immediately, your call has indicated that we need to come and see you as a priority so we would aim, where possible, to come and see you within an hour.

Non-emergency - Scheduled response

Used where we will make an agreed appointment with you for an officer to meet with you at an agreed location.