Noise nuisances can have a significant impact on quality of life and it is often an issue that you would like to be rectified as soon as possible.
However before contacting Merseyside Police, please check to see if your issue is listed below. If your issue is listed, this is referred to as a council matter, so you will need to get in touch with your local council where their environmental teams will be able to assist you.
- Industrial - noise from factories, machinery, ventilation fans, air conditioning units, tannoys, sirens and vibration.
- Noise like loud music from pubs, clubs, shops or offices.
- Misfiring alarms from homes, businesses or cars. These might be security or smoke alarms.
- Dogs barking.
- Loud music from people's homes.
- Other noises people make, usually at home, like shouting, banging, arguing or sexual activities.
- DIY noise.
- Noise from construction sites.
- Street noise, like loud speakers and buskers.
- Other noise, like those from household appliances.
Website links to all local councils: