Deputy Chief Constable - Job Advert
Deputy Chief Constable
- Vacancy: Deputy Chief Constable
- Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
- Salary: £139,089 (with effect from 01.09.2018)
Merseyside Police has an enviable reputation as being the best performing metropolitan Force in the UK, and is recognised as a dynamic and forward-thinking Force. Although Merseyside is one of the smallest geographical forces, it serves a diverse population in a challenging policing area, responding to almost 1 million calls for service per year.
The Chief Constable is looking for an outstanding individual who can demonstrate leadership with integrity, ambition, clear strategic thinking and a focus on operational delivery.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how they will use these qualities to continuously improve the policing of Merseyside by preventing crime, protecting people and pursuing offenders. They will be influential in shaping the future of policing on a regional and national level.
About the Role
The Chief Constable is looking for an exceptional leader for one of the most challenging forces in the country, who will support him in delivering the highest standards of service to the communities of Merseyside.
The successful candidate will hold the highest levels of operational credibility and will:
- Have the ability and enthusiasm to drive significant organisational change and deliver necessary efficiency savings in line with organisational priorities.
- Be pivotal in developing effective partnership working with local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Be a dynamic and forward thinking leader with evidence of exceptional operational delivery.
- Fulfil the statutory, professional and legal obligations of the office of Deputy Chief Constable.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership and a commitment to the highest standards of team work to deliver the best overall service to the public of Merseyside
A relocation or rent assistance package is available (if required) for the successful candidate.
Merseyside Police is committed to equal opportunities and the Chief Constable welcomes applications for this role from all sections of the community.
Applicants must have passed the Senior Police National Assessment Centre and successfully completed the Strategic Command Course.
For further details about the role, please read the Deputy Chief Constable Job Description which is contained within the application pack.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 27th August 2018
- Shortlisting: Tuesday 28th August 2018
- Familiarisation day: Friday 31st August 2018
- Interviews: Tuesday 11th September 2018
For more information and to request an application pack please contact:
Elayne Gibson, Head of Employee Relations, Merseyside Police 0151 777 2326 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org