Volunteering with Merseyside Police is a great way to find out more about what we do to keep your community safe and to contribute within your area. Police Support Volunteers are an integral part of the Merseyside Extended Police Family.
Volunteers bring us skills and knowledge that enable us to deliver a first class service to the communities of Merseyside.
Is Volunteering for me?
There are a number of volunteering roles available within Merseyside Police requiring different skills and abilities. All of these roles provide exciting opportunities for Police Support Volunteers to:
- Work alongside Merseyside Police and assist to make the communities of Merseyside Safer
- Learn more about Merseyside Police and what we do
- Give something back to the community in which you reside
- Develop new skills and enhance your CV
Roles can include supporting your local Neighbourhood Policing Team, preparing and delivering newsletters or safety information, as a speed watch volunteer or supporting specialist departments.
Please Note some roles will require specialist skills and will not be suitable for all applicants. Due to the diverse nature of communities within Merseyside, not all roles will be available in each area.
You will be expected to commit to volunteering for an average of 2 hours per week.
Special Constabulary Attraction Volunteer
- To provide assistance and administrative support to the Special Constabulary and Positive Action Team in their administration details.
- To undertake Recruitment events where necessary in a variety of private and public organisations.
- To replenish Special recruitment material and freebies for events including ESP materials.
- To liase with external networks and organisations across Merseyside to enhance recruitment opportunities.
- To represent the Special Constabulary in a professional, informative and friendly manner being the main point of contact at Recruitment events.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the Special Constabulary recruitment process.
- To promote Employer Supported Policing.
- To promote Diversity and inclusion within Merseyside Police
The full job application and application form can be found below:
If anyone has any queries in relation to the role, please email Citizens.In.Policing@merseyside.pnn.police.uk